Saturday, October 17, 2009

Messing With My Mind

This whole online sex saga is really messing with my mind. Have I really become one of those guys I've always loathed? The kind which use women for sex and then cast them aside? The kind which are only interested in getting a girl's panties and not in the romance of it all? I know my intentions were never to harm or use her, but maybe it's just one step on the road to my demise.

My thoughts are a jumble and I feel like dirt. I feel like somehow what I did was wrong - but was the mindless urge to do these things with this girl wrong or was it how I did them that was? Normally I love the courtship, but when I was with her, being intimate in a very erotic way was exciting. At least until I realized it wasn't for me. And thus is my confusion. Do I enjoy romance or do I enjoy plain eroticism? Must the two be separate? Is my type of girl the one who would do that with me online? I think not. So why did I do it?

Time and again I frustrate myself. Most guys would be slapping each other high fives over snagging some girl online. Me? I have a life crisis. So maybe all is not lost. Maybe I was just in want of intimacy or confirmation that I was still desirable and found that was not the way best suited for me to find it. Or maybe I was just bored. Whatever the case, I'm questioning myself yet again and I don't like the answers.

I pride myself on being a gentleman. I knew when I was saying these things to her I was not being one. I knew I was going against my morals. It wasn't the intimacy of a couple who have been together for many years and want to share something special. No, it was of a back room screw. I think I've had my first dose of lust. I feel like a babe sucking on a lemon for the first time. The bright colours seem enticing, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. And now that I've had my first taste, where will it lead me? To make sure I never make the same mistake again? Or down a path for more?

I will admit, I am ashamed. Some may question why, but if you know me, I respect women. I know she said yes too, but I did something which was not in my nature and it scares me. If I can do this once, what else am I capable of? I feel the eyes of my peers upon me. Even you my readers. The kind, caring depressive is now just like every other bonehead you can find in a Girls Gone Wild video.

Maybe I should just forget about girls. I've got my studies. My work. My friends. time and again they give me nothing but heartache when I pursue them. Maybe I should just live my life and hopefully, in time, I'll be able to see what is normal and healthy for me in a relationship.

And maybe I'll have the guts to call myself a gentleman again.

No comments: